TB Watkins Housing Complex
Kansas City, MO
Contract Amount: $5,020,000
Total Square Footage: 65,000; 75 Units
These existing 1960’s era brick veneer, 3 story buildings were completely gutted leaving only the load bearing walls and the existing sub floors. The new work included moving the internal stair wells to the exterior of the building to make them more open.
All units were redesigned to create more spacious units. New pitched roof trusses were installed to eliminate flat roofs. Two level town house units were created on the upper two floors of the building while the ground floor units were all made ADA accessible. All new parking lots, sidewalks, courtyards and landscaping were also installed.
Major Building Features:
- Gutted existing buildings
- New pitched roof trusses and 30 year
- New exterior steel stair towers
- New window and security screens
- New energy efficient HVAC systems
- New decorative security fence
- New irrigation/landscaping